Brewery Sales Associate
Full-time (40+ hours/week)
Boyle Heights, CA and in other Greater Los Angeles Area
About Indie Brewing Company
In 2015, Indie set out to give L.A. amazing local beer, and the tasting room it so deserves. We dreamt of a casual spot where people could hang out with other beer lovers and watch bands, talk about sports, and maybe even do a little trivia night. No velvet ropes, no guest lists. Our idea of “bottle service”? Having your growler refilled by the guys who brewed the beer.
And who are we? We’re 4 guys who met in the strangest of ways over our mutual love of brewing. This love began in 2009 with homebrews in pots on an electric stovetop. The operation grew with time, and eventually, we were using every free minute we had to make beer. We left our “normal” jobs in geology, advertising and law to spend as much time as possible creating pale ales, saisons, porters and more. We found home in Boyle Heights and are loving being a part of this amazing community.
About the position
Indie is looking to bring on its first brewery sales associate to this small but mighty team. While production and in-taproom sales ramp up, we need a dedicated sales representative to build strong relationships and accounts across the southland. This is a great opportunity for a relationship-focused self-starter who wants to talk craft beer all day long.
- Establish and maintain relationships with off and on premise customers
- Educate customers on Indie’s brand and products
- Execute a sales plan based on goals, product supply/schedule, competitive landscape and customer demand
- Coordinate with Indie’s distributing partners
- Maintain a regular schedule or weekly appointments with accounts
- Complete timely and accurate reporting of sales and activities
- Assist in marketing activities
- Other projects as assigned
A successful candidate is a flexible, self-starter with the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Highly effective communicator and relationship builder
- Organized with great attention to detail
- 2 years of direct beverage sales experience (preferred)
- Knowledge and compliance of legal requirements regarding the sale and delivery of alcoholic beverages
- Excellent good time management ability
- Business acumen and keen negotiating skills
- Valid and clean driver’s license, proof of auto insurance, and reliable transportation
- Passion for craft beer
- Must be 21 and over
Compensation commensurate with experience + commission.
Click here to apply
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Indie Brewing Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristic covered by law with regard to employment opportunities. We will only contact applicants chosen for further consideration.