Tasting Room and Brand Ambassador
Part-time (10+ hours/week)
Boyle Heights, CA and in other Greater Los Angeles Area events
About Indie Brewing Company
In 2015, Indie set out to give L.A. amazing local beer, and the tasting room it so deserves. We dreamt of a casual spot where people could hang out with other beer lovers and watch bands, talk about sports, and maybe even do a little trivia night. No velvet ropes, no guest lists. Our idea of “bottle service”? Having your growler refilled by the guys who brewed the beer.
And who are we? We’re 4 guys who met in the strangest of ways over our mutual love of brewing. This love began in 2009 with homebrews in pots on an electric stovetop. The operation grew with time, and eventually, we were using every free minute we had to make beer. We left our “normal” jobs in geology, advertising and law to spend as much time as possible creating pale ales, saisons, porters and more. We found home in Boyle Heights and are loving being a part of this amazing community.
About the position
Indie is looking to bring on a dynamic, passionate, customer-oriented Tasting Room and Brand Ambassador to its small team.This individual will represent the brewery and serve Indie’s customers directly both in the on-site tasting room and at a variety of Greater Los Angeles area brewery events and beer festivals.
This role is divided into two main areas of focus and the responsibilities include but are not limited to:
On-site Tasting room sales and serving
- Be a brand ambassador of Indie beers: educate, relay story, give tours, build relationships with customers
- Sell + serve Indie beer and merchandise
- Operate Point of Sale system and be able to balance sales and receipts each shift
- Perform day to day maintenance in tasting room including cleaning and sanitizing glassware and beer lines, changing kegs, keeping all bars/tables clean and clutter free.
- Provide and relay feedback and suggestions to improve tasting room experiences
- Assist with marketing and sales initiatives including beer releases and special events in the tasting room.
- Assist with brewery operations as needed
Off-site event pouring and brand representation
- Secure education in general brewing knowledge and specific Indie Brewing information and beers
- Assist and run off-site events where Indie beer is being poured as assigned by the team
- Secure and transport beer to and from event sites
- Set up, break down and clean pouring stations at event sites
- Pour beer tastings while engaging and educating consumers at events
- Maintain, clean and keep in good working order all event equipment including but not limited to Jockey Box and all corresponding parts
- Ensure Indie brand standards are followed at events
- Assist with account promotions as needed
- Complete post analysis of all events
A successful candidate is a flexible, self-starter with the following qualification, skills and attributes:
- Must be 21 and over
- Prior knowledge of draft operations
- Beer Server certificate and first level Cicerone Certified (can be obtained after hire)
- Prior knowledge/experience in branding a plus
- Must be enthusiastic, engaging, beer savvy, well organized and self-motivated
- Must be able to work evenings, most weekends and holidays
- Ability to promote Indie brand professionally, be personable, knowledgeable
- Conversational Spanish speaking ability preferred
- Must have a clean driving record, reliable transportation and a valid driver license.
- Must have access to vehicle
- Ability to lift 55lbs, and slide 160lbs kegs throughout the course of a workday
- Ability to stand for prolonged amount of time
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Click here to apply
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Indie Brewing Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristic covered by law with regard to employment opportunities. We will only contact applicants chosen for further consideration.